Sunday 29 July 2012

Liberty love

I have been ferreting away little scraps of Liberty which I buy from time to time on Esty. I'm not sure why I love Liberty the way I do - small busy florals are not usually my thing, but somehow I cannot resist this silk-like fabric. I decided that it was time to decide what to do with all the little pieces I have accrued (some of them are only around 1.5" square).


I finally settled on the block that Elizabeth Hartman made in Block Party—The Modern Quilting Bee. I figure it will give me the flexibility I will need in order to use up even the littlest pieces. I think it will work well. A bit like dark chocolate, a little Liberty goes a long way!


Are you a paper piecer? Kristy over at Quiet Play is organising the Practically Paper Piecing blog hop. The idea is that during August you will be able to go blog hopping and get some great ideas about practical ways to use paper pieced blocks. Read more about it (including prizes up for grabs) here


Hope you join us! 

1 Kristy from Quiet Play
2 Kate from Kate Quilts
3 Diane from From Blank Pages
4 Lara from LuellaBella
5 Sunday – Day off
6 Charise from Charise Creates
7 Alyce from Blossom Heart Quilts
8 Kiera from Kizzie’s Korner
9 Marieka from Bespoke Bites
10 Sally from Sally Bally Creations
11 Jane from QuiltJane
12 Sunday – Day off
13 Taryn from Pixels To Patchwork
14 Jane from Where Jane Creates
15 Laura from Quokka Quilts
16 Emily from Emily the Enabler
17 McKenna from Textile Diva
18 Sat Lauren from Renrad Craft Studio
19 Sunday – Day off
20 Fiona from Finding Fifth  
21 Beth from Plum and June
22 Megan from Jaffa quilts
23 Juliet from Tartan Kiwi
24 Katy from The Littlest Thistle
25 Sat Tracey from the Peony Teacup
26 Sunday – Day off
27 Fiona from Celtic Thistle Stitches
28 Anorina from Samelia’s Mum
29-31 Linky party to share projects - blog hoppers and readers all welcome!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I love what you're doing with the Liberty squares! I was given a little bag of Liberty scraps and have no idea what to do with it. I take them out and pat them occasionally hehe.

    Thanks for posting about the blog hop!! It's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely! Katy over at Gingermonkey was selling off a whole bunch of Liberty Fat 1/8s on Instagram yesterday, luckily the time difference meant I missed out on all the sets by the time I got up this morning of I might gavd spent money. I have some lovely blue scraps of Liberty I stole from my MIL's 'stash', I'll bring some for you to Helen's if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty - the London Modern quilt guild have been invited to view the new Liberty prints at the store in September, If I get any freebies I'll post them to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this website that you might be interested in to add to your collection of Liberty prints

    http://www.christabels.co.nz/patchwork.html

    ReplyDelete