Sunday 20 October 2013

DUDQS

Recently I joined my first every quilt swap on Flickr - the Down Under Doll Quilt Swap. I figured it couldn't go too horribly wrong if it was a friendly swap amongst us Antipodean types! I confess to feeling a bit nervous now though - there are some very talented people in the group.

I decided I would feel a whole lot more ready to meet the challenge of this swap if I had a design wall that wasn't the floor so off I trundled to Bunnings to get some tape and hey presto, job done!


Basically to make this quilt I built some blocks then spent ages trying to figure out how to get them to go together - both in a design sense and in a construction sense. You'll see that I couldn't resist putting in one of my Starburst blocks :-)




I'm going to put it away now for a few days and see if it is 'finished' when I look at it again. Hopefully the answer is yes!




9 comments:

  1. This looks like a challenging challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful, finished or not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noice. Although you do appear to be using some of my blocks. I hope the recipient appreciates them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous ....love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh love the sneak peek! Look forward to seeing the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a tease! The grey dot around the starburst block really lifts it, and I like your choice of background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, my goodness! love the liberty with the charcoal sashing. very pretty little doll quilt.

    ReplyDelete