Wednesday 12 March 2014

Cat quilt progress

Cat quilt - not such an original name I guess for this little mini-quilt destined for my new office! I was regretting using the Essex linen in this project because it is darker than I wanted and also with all the little seams was proving to be a bit of a nuisance to press.



However the combination of my new go-to wavy line quilting and a light grey thread has given it some light and life. It also has the added bonus of making the unintentional wavy seam lines less noticeable. Just the binding to go ...


Linking up over at Freshly Pieced today :-)

16 comments:

  1. Super cute! And Chicopee to finish it off - perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im in love with the wavy line quilting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Megan - love those cats:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilting, it almost looks a bit like a reflection in water -- it has a lot of movement! I need to finish my Catvent quilt.. well, I need to finish the blocks first lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the wavy quilting looks great - really makes it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I only made cushions but I'm sure my girls wouldn't mind a quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really sweet, gotta love a cat quilt! The quilting is lovely and the binding is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a clever quilting idea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed! The quilting is perfect for this! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute. I am very jealous that my sewing machine doesn't have that cute squiggle stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness. This quilt is so cute! I luv the kitties and your quilting is amazing!! Are the wavy lines a stitch on your machine or are you doing that yourself? I have a catvent quilt to make too! I'm still gathering fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your kitties! The wavy lines really are a great choice. I'm working on my own catvent right now...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your kitties - the wavy quilting is perfect for this too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Megan....love the cat quilt. reply is ok? Linda

    ReplyDelete