Sunday 22 February 2015

New projects

After the Gypsy Wife event which seemed to go on and on, I wanted to start a new project that was quick. I have a few long term projects on the go and this is not really fueling my desire to see something finished :-)

Introducing my new quick project. I bought a bundle of Cotton and Steel recently, not so much as result of the C&S hype, but more because I really liked the combination of sandy colours and greens. There was some navy in the bundle which I thought would be quite good used as an accent of some sort. Film in the Fridge's Flying Farfalle quilt popped into my mind so I set about to trial it.


I like it so far! I will see how it goes, but I did wonder if the navy might make it a bit too sombre. I have a plan if that seems to be the case  :-)


I've also made a start on Judy's Dilly bag. I love the name, I have an aunt Judy who we always tease for being unable to go anywhere at all without several dilly bags.


12 comments:

  1. Flying farfalle is such a clever name, I really like it both ways but especially with the pop it the red bow tie. You could even do a couple different colors throughout, pink, lime, etc. and it will coordinate well with the C+S scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those hexies! Judy's dilly bag is on my to-do list! Yours is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this new quilt, it looks fun and the we splash of colour is a nice light touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its always good to have a mix of projects I reckon. Love the hexies especially :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those Dilly bags, yours is so restful with the colours you have chosen. I have seen one done in Liberty - am thinking I may need to make one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blocks with that wee 'pop' of colour! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. so what's the sombre plan...not that I think it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little pop of orange would be just perfect! Kidding - I actualy like the navy - those fabrics are like little treasures - they look soft, but have all sorts of little quirks in the print. Lovely juvvlie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So will you give it to your aunt? It's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me again ; ) the pattern arrived! It's huge! I had no idea it was so big. Thank you ever so much. I plan on making this a very long project and I think I have the perfect bundle of fabric to get me started ; )
    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am right with you in the need to balance the complicated projects with some simple, quick, and satisfying ones! Hence my arrow check quilt. Your farfalle looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replica Cartier watches, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of Replica Cartier ballon blanc de watches, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete