Sunday 6 November 2016

Gypsy Wife {A finished quilt top}

Well fellow Gyspy-wifers, it's November, so some of you might be finishing up this month! I'm really pleased to have my second version complete and ready for quilting. Without further ado, here she is:


And if any of you are curious about what Gyspy Wife#1 looked like after quilting, here she is:


I have a box of scrap fabric from the version I have just finished, so I have plans to make another Jen Kingwell pattern 'Bonnie Lass' from her book Quilt Lovely. I'm thinking I might have to call the new quilt 'Gypsy child' :-)

Thanks to those of you who have stitched along with me and left encouraging comments. Thanks also to the awesome Hydeeann who did all the quilty maths and created the very helpful spreadsheets to supplement the pattern. High fives all round!

5 comments:

  1. Both quilts look amazing. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both lovely quilts Megan! I do love the new one in is calming colour palette! Good luck with Bonnie Lass- I have made that one in scrappy fabrics too! It will come together quickly....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely quilts Megan! Sadly, I've come to a bit of a halt on my GW at present!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, I love both of them, but probably the second one a little bit more. Well done for finishing :-)

    ReplyDelete