Saturday 15 February 2014

Happy happy Saturday

Our Monday Modern group had a great fun day sewing up a storm together today - what a perfect way to spend a Saturday.

I checked my mailbox when I got home and was a bit perplexed to find a parcel in mail box from Australia that seemed suspiciously fabric-y. Having just joined a fabric diet support group, my first thought was 'OMG I so need to be in that group - apparently I can no longer even remember what I have bought!'


In fact it turned out to be this gorgeous mini from Holly:


 I participated in the DUDQS4 at the end of last year but the first mini Holly made for me went AWOL. I felt bad for her but not too upset for myself - these things happen. But Holly decided she wanted to make me another and so today, after I had almost entirely forgotten about it, there it was. Isn't it beautiful? I love it to bits. And I love that she went to the trouble of making two so that I didn't miss out. Look at this cute label on the back and that cool Ikea print.


Yep, that's a perfect 10 for this Saturday :-)

6 comments:

  1. Great mini quilt ..and I just love the circular quilting on it!
    But you haven't shown us what you got up to all day @ the MM sewing day?!?! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise. Bummer about the first one though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was awful sweet of her! and what a great mini. glad you didn't miss out. =)

    I'm still so jealous of you and liz (and jenny) getting to quilt together IN PERSON! so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have one great looking office now! Spoiled :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely of her, and so generous. It is a gorgeous mini :-)

    ReplyDelete