Monday 20 July 2015

Round robin with Monday Modern

Our Monday Modern group has decided to do a round robin starting next month. It's not going to be a secret round robin, instead we will share progress with each other each month. Not having done a round robin before I wasn't sure what to do for my starter block. A couple of the others have done paper pieced blocks, but my first attempt focused on colour and shape.


After seeing Karyn's block I visited Bubblestitch just in case I want version two to be a paper pieced block . I'm very taken with the wolf block pictured below. I suspect this is because my poem-of-the-moment is called "Little Red Cap" by Carol Ann Duffy. It's in a collection of poems called "The World's Wife", if there is even the tiniest smidgen of the feminist in you, you ought to check it out.


...As soon as he slept, I crept to the back
of the lair, where a whole wall was crimson, gold, aglow with 
books.
Words, words were truly alive on the tongue, in the head,
warm, beating, frantic, winged; music and blood.

from Little Red Cap by Carol Ann Duffy

2 comments:

  1. Pretty much the coolest flying geese block ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great block with flying geese. Really great block with the wife. Good imaginative work.

    ReplyDelete