Sunday 26 February 2012

Hera marker


I kept reading about these magic markers in blogs. I was in Spotlight yesterday - and I spotted a Hera marker! $15 - I nearly swooned (and not in the fun fabric way). I gritted my teeth and forked out what seemed a lot of money for a very unassuming looking tool. Happily the story ends well. It does (miraculously) work amazingly well for marking quilting lines:


I'm going to try and get the binding on this this evening - I'm excited to finish this project!

5 comments:

  1. I've heard of Hera markers too but I didn't realise they left such a distinct line! Must look out for one - maybe at the next Spotlight sale :) Looking forward to seeing this quilt finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new hera! I love using mine. It really helps to get nice straight lines. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Nicole (above commenter!) I got a hera & it's made all the difference, especially with my curvy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only use mine when turning things the right way out to get curves nice and neat. One of these days I'll actually finish a quilt and use it for its intended purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought Hera marker from Spottie the other day too as I needed to mark lines on a mini quilt!

    ReplyDelete