Sunday 19 February 2012

Thunderbolts and Lightening! (and paper piecing)

I'm really tempted to join in with the New York Beauty QAL, but I realised I should probably try some paper piecing first. A pretty dramatic tropical storm in Auckland on Friday evening meant cheerio to the BBQ plans, so sewing was back on the agenda. Inspired by Heather's post and really cute paper-pieced doll, I watched the video tutorial that she had posted about, then hunted around on the internet for a pattern I could use that didn't seem too hard. I found this cute wonky house pattern, and plunged on in, thunder booming overhead. I did wonder if that was a bad omen - did the universe not want me to attempt paper piecing?? It turned out to be way more fun than I thought. Here is one of my happy little houses, wonky quilting and all. Just thinking about binding then you can see my whole street of happy houses.

3 comments:

  1. That is SO cute! I need to try some more paper-piecing. The latest Fat Quarterly e-magazine is all about it and has some cute patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I've been looking for just the right wonky house paper piecing pattern. I might just have to give this one a try. I recently learned to paper piece and agree with you, it is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete