Sunday 15 April 2012

Zippy Pouch

I'm really enjoying making the retro flowers but it is piecing that can't be rushed. I do the petals in batches.
First pinning,

then  sewing and trimming.


Like many other quilters, I have to amuse myself with other smaller projects as I go so  it doesn't become too tedious. I decided it was time I tackled a zippy pouch. I used this great tutorial and think it all went together quite well (I didn't put the inner pocket in). My little pouch was slumping a little during her photoshoot which the amateur photographer didn't notice at the time. I think I will try a heavier interfacing in the future.



4 comments:

  1. Love the zipper pouch, look at those perfect ends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zipper pouch is fabulous!

    Loving the green fabric for your flowers. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I LOVE that pouch! The feature fabric makes me feel very nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your petals look great! And the pouch came together really well. I know that need for a quick project!

    ReplyDelete