Saturday 28 April 2012

My first quilt

I have been taking advantage of the recent stretch of sunny weather to wash wash wash. After washing the only quilt I actually have in the house (aside from a couple of minis) and drying it on the line, I felt it deserved a little photoshoot because I have never photographed it. This is the first quilt I ever made, just a little over a year ago before I knew about modern quilting. I use it as a throw on my bed. It gets a bit of a hammering because my naughty cat loves to sleep on it after tangling herself up in it chasing imaginary mice.


I still love the fabric in this quilt, the colours are restful and gentle. What I love most about these pictures though are the beautiful leaves of the oak tree. Autumn is a wonderful season.


4 comments:

  1. It did deserve a showing - Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh glad you gave this quilt its own photoshoot! It's lovely!

    Definitely loving the changing leaves too. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice to show off your first! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I like the spots of dark fabric against the paler colors! Great photoshoot, autumn is my favorite season!

    ReplyDelete