Tuesday 8 May 2012

Retro flowers on a break

I have to take a break from my retro flowers for a while - I'm out of white fabric and so is my local shop where I bought this particular white. I'm reluctant to change whites mid project, so the last four flowers will not be appearing for a bit. But I'm chuffed with how they look so far.


What to do in the meantime? Twiddle my fingers? Practice my FMQ? I know! Start a random new quilt on the spur of the moment! I decided to use my Kate Spain Good Fortune charm squares and make a start on Katy's Constellation quilt. Because it seems I can't get enough of stars - and because I just can't decide what to do with my shot cotton bundle.


In other news, I went to a modern quilters meeting last night at The Little Craft Store (thanks Helen for making me feel so welcome). Great fun...and homework! Yay!...That is certainly the way to a teacher's heart! More on the homework later...

8 comments:

  1. your retro flowers are awesome - worth the wait for the right white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Retro Flowers are soooo pretty! I love your bright colors for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your retro flowers. It's on my to -do list. Are you using the templates?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your retro flowers and the Good Fortune is going to look great with the Constellation pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers look great, glad you're pausing if those stars are a result :) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh loving your retro flowers so far. Particularly that dandelion one top left! gorgeous! So frustrating to run out of matching fabrics - hope it's not too long a wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your flower quilt....is it difficult to make, with curves etc? I would love to try this pattern..

    ReplyDelete